- Customers will save $100 on any new booking of a 2024 REI adventure travel trip in North America.
- Offer valid on 2024 REI adventure travel trips new bookings from 9/7/2023 until 9/29/2023. Must travel by 12/31/2024.
- Space is limited. Offer valid until trip capacity is reached.
- Offer is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Offer may not be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Pricing may vary by date. Discount applies to member base price only. Discount does not apply to any additional fees, extensions or services.
- 10% discount applies on top of REI member pricing. REI membership is required to receive additional discount.
- Not a member? Get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $30. www.rei.com/membership.
- REI adventure travel trips are not eligible for the REI Member Reward.
- To order by phone, call 1-800-622-2236 | Monday-Friday, 7am through 5pm PT.
Our adventure begins this morning in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, where we will meet out guides and fellow travelers. After a brief orientation, pack check, and distribution of group gear we transfer to the trailhead to begin our exploration of Great Smoky Mountain National Park. On the trail we’ll pass through stunning meadows and magical old growth forests on the way to our stop for the first night. This evening we’ll enjoy dinner, recount the days adventure, and turn in for the evening under a blanket of stars. Dinner Included.
Mileage: varies between 3 – 5.5 miles depending on specific route with +/- 1,500-3,000' elevation change.
Awaken to the symphony of the forest as we ease into our first day of life on the trail. Depending on our route we may find ourselves traversing the slopes of ancient Mount Guyot, the second highest peak in the Smokies, soaking in the spectacular views at Charlie's Bunion or working on our naturalist skills along some of the most remote trails in the eastern United States. Breakfast and dinner included.
Mileage: varies between 6.5 – 13 miles depending on specific route with +/- 1,500-3,000' elevation change.
Rise and Shine! We'll start this morning with a trail breakfast and coffee to fuel a beautiful day of human powered exploration. Get ready for another day spent in awe as we hike among old growth Boreal forests and continue our journey along sections of the iconic Appalachian Trail. We'll get a feel for the thru-hiker experience and depending on our route may even have a chance to experience the most challenging sections of the AT in Great Smoky Mountains National Park today. Breakfast and dinner included.
Mileage: varies between 6 – 13 miles depending on specific route with +/- 1,500-3,000' elevation change.
Today's journey is bittersweet as we continue to soak in breathtaking views and panoramas along our last miles back to the trailhead. Regardless of our route, we'll cherish these last few hours spent in the remote corners of the United States' most visited national park with passionate guides and like-minded new friends. Breakfast Included.
Mileage: varies between 3-11 miles depending on specific route with +/- 1,500-3,000' elevation change.
Note: Depending on the route you will be following, traffic in the area, trail conditions and other factors beyond our control, your group will likely arrive back in Gatlinburg in the early evening. We'd highly recommend delaying any travel plans until the morning after your trip concludes.