REI's Family Adventures offer specially-designed itineraries for families. See classic destinations like the Grand Canyon or venture further abroad on an adventure to Thailand. Bring the kids, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends along for an unforgettable family adventure.
Why families love traveling with REI
- Active itineraries: From hiking and biking to kayaking and rafting, our trips get families outside to experience the best outdoor destinations in the world. Activities are picked to match kids' abilities, with longer options for adults and teens.
- Educational highlights: Every Family Adventure provides educational and cultural insight into our destination, like a family homestay in Thailand or a pottery class in Peru.
- Designed for families: Our itineraries are designed from start to finish to cater to families. When possible our accommodations feature pool or beach access and we typically stay a minimum of two nights at a location to minimize the need to repack. We make every attempt to provide healthy, delicious meals with familiar options for kids.
- Fun guides: Our skilled, local guides are great with kids—taking care of all the details so you can spend time with your family. In addition to great guides, our amazing drivers and support staff are working behind the scenes to ensure your family enjoys every moment of the trip.
- Special pricing: All kids ages 17 and under receive a discount on our trips (see specific trips for details).
Frequently Asked Questions
We welcome your entire extended family. Most trips are tailored for families with kids eight years old and older. All minors must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or parent-appointed guardian. Our Family Adventures are a great way to bring multiple generations together, from grandparents to grandkids.