REI's Family Adventures offer specially designed itineraries for families all across the U.S. & Canada, from Yosemite to Yellowstone and even the Great Smoky Mountains. Bring the kids, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends along for an unforgettable family adventure.
Why families love traveling with REI
- Active itineraries: From hiking and biking to kayaking and rafting, our trips get families outside to experience the best outdoor destinations in the U.S. Activities are picked to match kids' abilities, with longer options for adults and teens.
- Educational highlights: Every Family Adventure provides educational and cultural insight into our destination. We visit a marine research lab in Washington, learn about Native American culture in Utah, and discover the wild world of edible plants in the Smokies.
- Designed for families: Our itineraries are designed from start to finish to cater to families. When possible our accommodations feature pool or beach access and we typically stay a minimum of two nights at a location to minimize the need to repack. We make every attempt to provide healthful, delicious meals with familiar options for kids.
- Fun guides: Our expert guides are great with kids—taking care of all the details so you can spend time with your family. In addition to great guides, our amazing drivers and support staff are working behind the scenes to ensure your family enjoys every moment of the trip.
- Special pricing: All kids ages 17 and under receive a discount on our trips (see specific trips for details).
Frequently Asked Questions
Don't see the date you want?
Didn't find what you were looking for?