- open (Red/Gray) 1 of 2
- Red/Gray 2 of 2
REI Backpacker Extended First-Aid Kit Video
The REI Backpacker Extended First-Aid Kit provides essential medical supplies for up to 6 people on 8-day trips into the backcountry.
- All contents are packed together in a zippered nylon case; clear fold-out compartments let you easily find the items you need
- Reflective trim makes the kit easier to locate quickly inside a pack
- Comes with a wilderness first-aid manual for reference on the trail
- Treat cuts with an assortment of adhesive bandages, including 1 in. strips, 0.75 in. strips, knuckle bandages, fingertip bandages and butterfly closures
- For larger wounds, the kit also includes an assortment of gauze pads, a roll of gauze, larger wound pads, a sponge and a roll of medical tape
- For injured joints, arms and legs, the kit includes an elastic bandage
- Prep and care for injuries with antiseptic towelettes, triple-antibiotic ointment, sting-relief wipes, burn cream and hydrocortisone cream
- Medications include antacid tablets, ibuprofen tablets, acetaminophen tablets and allergy-relief tablets
- Also includes Moleskin to help prevent and treat blisters
- Equipment includes a pair of bandage scissors and splinter forceps
- The REI Backpacker Weekend First-Aid Kit is assembled in the USA of imported and domestic materials
Made in USA.
|Best use||Backpacking, Hiking|
|Dimensions||6.5 x 5.25 x 2.25 inches|
What do you think of this product?
Share your thoughts with the REI community.
Sep 29, 2015Organized very well, needs more moleskinExcellent product. Very compact. I added to mine *Chapstick *Nail clippers *More moleskin *Blister band aids
Sep 1, 2015Good BuyRarely put much stock in prepackaged first aid kits but this one was pretty good. The quality of the bag is very good. Organized well. I added Neosporin spray, nail clippers and some persona...
Read More Rarely put much stock in prepackaged first aid kits but this one was pretty good. The quality of the bag is very good. Organized well. I added Neosporin spray, nail clippers and some personal meds. I like how this line has 1,2,3 etc. day sized kits to fit your needs.
Jul 14, 2015This was the one (this time :)SOOOO many options for first aid kits and of course you can make one on your own. But with those 2 things going for me I never will make a decision. So, I tried not to put too much weight in...
Read More SOOOO many options for first aid kits and of course you can make one on your own. But with those 2 things going for me I never will make a decision. So, I tried not to put too much weight into picking the "right" one, but felt that this would suit me for a day hike and also a several day hike/camp out. Had supplies that I felt were staple supplies. It is about as small as my day hike REI first aid kit I got a few years ago, so it doesn't even take up more space than the smaller kit. It's nice and flat, and has the easy zipper opening. GREAT addition to your outdoor treks as well as a disaster kit. Thanks REI for the good deal and good quality!