REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.), a national retailer providing quality outdoor gear and clothing, has announced its 2012 line of Novara-brand bicycles during the Interbike® International Bike Expo.
Exclusive to REI and built for a variety of terrain, the award-winning brand adds new urban, mountain and kids bicycles to its collection, including the new Gotham. The Gotham is one of the first urban bikes to pair the NuVinci® N360™ continuously variable planetary (CVP) drivetrain and chain-replacing Gates® Carbon Drive for one of the smoothest and quietest rides around town.
The Gotham will be on display at the show in the NuVinci booth (#22073), Gates booth (#9143) and will appear in Momentum’s Interbike’s City Style Fashion Show on September 14 and 15 at 2 p.m. located Street Level, in the Urban Yard.
“We are excited to introduce new styles and refreshed designs to the 2012 line,” says Cyndi Mundhenk, Novara product line manager. “In addition to the super-smooth shifting of the Gotham, we’ve expanded our mainline and mountain bike collections and introduced a pedal-free kids’ balance bike to give our customers the best value and options available.”
Additional Gotham specs and other new Novara highlights include:
- The Novara Gotham ($1,299) features the NuVinci N360 hub and uses spheres instead of gears to transfer pedal torque while significantly reducing shift effort — allowing riders to effortlessly shift at any time and in practically any condition, even on hills.
Additionally, the NuVinci N360 features a simple twist shifter that enables seamless shifting between an infinite number of ratios within its 360 percent range and ensure riders are always in the “right” gear. Combined with Gates CDX belt drive, the chain-replacing Gates Carbon Drive eliminates grease marks, finicky derailleurs and dirty chains.
- The new Transfer One ($499) is a streamlined, single-speed roadster with a coaster brake delivering a low-maintenance and clean look for cruising. The bike features full-coverage alloy fenders and chainguard to protect riders from dirt, water and grease.
- The new Intrepid ($1,399) is Novara’s new smooth-riding 29er. The highlights include a butted steel frame, cushy suspension fork and Shimano M550 hydraulic disc brakes that deliver reliable stopping power. Additionally, the new SRAM 2x10 drivetrain simplifies shifting and shaves weight off the bike.
- The new Torero 29 ($649) has a solid build and features an 80mm suspension fork, 27 gears to tackle steep switchbacks and a Shimano Acera 9-speed drivetrain and disk brakes for dependable stopping power.
- The new Zipper Push bike ($99.50) allows kids to scoot around on a bike while learning balance without worrying about pedaling. Perfect for first-time riders and designed for flat, even surfaces.
Novara’s 2012 bicycles will be available exclusively through REI stores and on REI.com starting in December. For additional information and a full listing of Novara’s 2012 updated bicycle and apparel collection, visit Novara’s media newsroom: www.novarabike.com/media.
Novara bicycles, apparel and accessories are exclusively available through www.rei.com and in REI stores nationally. Since 1983, Novara has focused on getting people on bicycles and comfortable riding in a variety of cycling environments. Novara brand products offer quality comfort, road, mountain, touring, urban, youth bicycles, apparel and accessories.
REI is a national outdoor retail co-op dedicated to inspiring, educating and outfitting its members and the community for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. Founded in 1938 by a group of Pacific Northwest mountaineers seeking quality equipment, REI is committed to promoting environmental stewardship and increasing access to outdoor recreation through volunteerism, gear donations and financial contributions.