FREE SHIPPING With $50 minimum purchase.
      SmartWool Pattern Neck Gaiter

      SmartWool Pattern Neck Gaiter

      This product is no longer available, but don't go just yet.

      Shop similar products
      • details
      • specs
      • reviews
      • q & a
      • Midweight merino wool is soft and comfortable next to skin; wool wicks away moisture and breathes to regulate temperature when you're on the move
      • Low-profile seams lay flat for a comfortable fit

      Imported.

      SmartWool Pattern Neck Gaiter

      Specification Description
      Best use Snowsports
      Fabric Merino wool
      Sun-protective fabric No
      Gender Unisex

      SmartWool Pattern Neck Gaiter

      Loading Ratings & Reviews...

      Rated 5out of5
      by fromgreat versatile layering piece I got the charcoal/Heather gaiter. It was not the first choice I'd have picked but it works. I'm more concerned about the function than the fashion... So on to the function... I use the piece as a neck gaiter 95% of the time, hat/balaclava the other 5%. As a neck gaiter this midweight (nts 250 in smartwool terms) wool gaiter performs amazingly. I find myself outside more often without a jacket in high activity settings than with a fleece jacket/down sweater. I normally pair this with my patagonia down sweater because the collar is loose fitting. This gaiter gives me enough insulation to stay comfortable while hiking, setting up camp, or sleeping. Alternatively, I used to wear a patagonia r2 fleece (or for really cold a marmot front range fleece) for high intensity activity in the 20-40° range. This was more so due to the lack of neck protection than need for core insulation. This gaiter allowed me to make a snow fort and snowmen with my kids in 35° weather in snow pants and a thermal undershirt. The gaiter manages sweat well, insulates well, and fits well. The versatility is intriguing. I used the gaiter like a hat/balaclava while on a hike in the teens. Typically I end up cycling my hats while hiking due to heat production/mitigation. I have yet to find the perfect cold weather hike hat. This gaiter comes close, I found myself cycling the hat on and off far less than I do with my beanies, crestrail, and ball caps. The only reason I say comes close is due to the lack of long term comfort as a hat. I simply have too large a dome to comfortably use this as a hat. I do tend to use this as a face mask while sleeping in a tent or hammock though. Overall the piece works amazingly, it's warm, fits well, handles sweat well, handles stink well, and is small enough to stuff in a small pocket.
      Date published: 2014-11-27

      Ask a question and have it answered by REI product experts and fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Need immediate assistance? Use Live Help .

      Loading Questions & Answers...