Paying homage to the classic city bikes of its namesake, the Electra Amsterdam Royal 8i bike offers an elegant combination of practicality, comfort and style for any ride around town.
- Designed with the smooth lines of a classic Dutch bicycle, the Amsterdam adeptly blends together old-school charm and modern luxuries
- Flat Foot Technology™ geometry offers a relaxed, efficient pedaling position that also allows you to easily and comfortably put both feet down on the ground when stopped
- Shimano Nexus internally geared rear hub provides 8 smooth-shifting gears, and it's low-maintenance compared to conventional cassette and derailleur systems
- Front hub dynamo generates power for a bright headlight to light up the night; battery-operated red LED tail light enhances visibility in low light
- Have fun while staying clean thanks to the fully enclosed metal chain cover, front and rear fenders and metal skirt over the rear wheel
- Included Abus ring lock is mounted to the frame and offers light theft protection
- Rear rack lets you easily transport groceries or other goods while you ride
- Platform pedals are compatible with most types of footwear—just hop on and go!
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
This item's hot - and it's only available online.
People Also Viewed