The enhanced digital book of How to Rock Climb!
helps you gain an edge and the confidence to climb via thorough instruction, clear photographs and expert experience.
- After purchasing this enhanced digital book, you will be shipped a card with coded access to a digital download of How to Rock Climb!
- Download How to Rock Climb!
onto your iPad®, iPhone® or computer, or simply browse the book using Chrome or Safari browsers on your computer's desktop
- Enhanced content includes interactive photos, clickable links, video content embedded in the text—the experience is more akin to reading a website than a simple e-book
- Includes easy-to-use note taking, smart search for content, and up-to-date tips from readers and experts
- Author: John Long
- Softcover; 256 pages; black-and-white photographs and illustrations
- Morris Book Publishing LLC; copyright 2010
- Updated edition reflects modern standards of equipment, technique and training methods
- Nuts-and-bolts guide serves as an introduction to rock climbing for beginners and helps intermediate climbers hone their knowledge of the sport
- In clear, concise and entertaining prose, John Long covers the basics and distills the intricacies of modern technical rock climbing in all its forms
- Author provides an overview of the history of climbing and the ratings system
- Includes a complete review of face and crack climbing skills, equipment needed to get up and down the rock, and the art of leading
- Includes a section on sport climbing
- Throughout, the author stresses that safety and simplicity are the keys to successful climbing
This guide covers footwork and handhold positions; finger, hand and off-width cracks; equipment, including ropes, anchors and carabiners; information on belaying and belay devices; tips for leading and finding routes; downclimbing and rappelling, information on sport climbing; and training, including bouldering and climbing gyms.
People Also Viewed