- Authors: David Cressman, Timothy Keating and "JB" Brown
- Softcover; 191 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- SWS Mountain Guides Publications; copyright 2012
- Second edition features the most recent permit and climbing information along with detailed equipment lists, route descriptions and climbing tips and advice
- Climbing Mt. Shasta measures roughly 8 x 5 in.
Made in USA.
Towering over the timbered ranges of Shasta-Trinity National Forest at 14,179 ft., Mt. Shasta dominates the Northern California landscape. The sight of this massive, snowcapped volcano has inspired thousands of hikers and climbers, including John Muir, to explore its ridges and valleys. An ascent of Mt. Shasta is an incredible adventure that is achievable by novice and veteran climbers alike.
Climbing Mt. Shasta was written specifically for those who are motivated to climb Mt. Shasta for the first time. It contains detailed information for novice climbers as well as experienced mountaineers who dream of reaching the summit using the Avalanche Gulch route. If you are not yet a climber, get comfortable, open this book, and let it take you on a step-by-step journey to the mountain�s summit and back again.
What do you think of this product?
Share your thoughts with the REI community.
No reviews are available.