With the Sortie Black 29er, Diamondback pulled out all the stops and built a premium-level bike, complete with Shimano XTR components, Fox suspension and Easton components, making it one sweet ride.
- 6061-T6 Weapons Grade Aluminum frame boasts an array of hydroformed and butted and formed tubes along with a tapered head tube to deliver a strong, stiff and responsive ride
- The heart of the Sortie Black is the Knuckle Box platform, which keeps rear suspension low, tight and plush to optimize efficiency, small-bump compliance and leverage ratios
- Fox 32 Float CTD FIT 29 Air fork has 120mm of travel with 3 simple and effective CTD settings (Climb, Trail, Descend); also has external compression and rebound adjustment
- Float FIT (Fox Isolated Technology) uses a bladder system within the fork to ensure that the air does not mix with the oil, maximizing performance and consistent damping
- Fox Float CTD Air rear shock features Boost Valve technology along with the CTD ProPedal platform to give the bike plush, efficient suspension with great bottom-out protection
- Kashmina coating on both the fork and shock improves overall suspension performance by reducing stiction for a buttery-smooth feel; coating also helps extend life of tubes
- Top-of-the-line Shimano XTR 2x10 drivetrain offers superb weight savings with fast, precise shifts and a gear range savvy enough to handle races and all-day riding
- XTR hydraulic disc brakes deliver progressive braking control with plenty of power and cool-running performance; 180mm rotor up front and 160mm rotor in the back
- UST compatible Easton EA90 wheels are outfitted with WTB Wolverine Team XC folding tires, which handle everything from loose to hardpacked trails
- 15mm thru axle up front and 142x12mm thru axle in the rear ensure stiff, strong performance at the critical wheel/frame interface
- Oversize 1.5 in. tapered steerer on the fork pairs with the tapered head tube to ensure plenty of strength and handling precision
- Specs on the Diamondback Sortie Black 29er full-suspension mountain bike are subject to change
All bicycles sold at REI include a free warranty tune-up. New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which readjustment is important for longevity and performance. Bring your new bike in to your local REI for its free tune-up within 20 hours of use or 6 months from purchase, whichever comes first. Contact your nearest REI bike shop to schedule this important service.
This item's hot - and it's only available online.
People Also Viewed