Tougher than your average backcountry skis, the descent-focused K2 SideStash skis navigate deep powder, slice through crud and blast back down to the lifts.
- K2 recommends using the SideStash skis for 70% soft snow and 20% variable snow
- Generously proportioned 108mm waists create excellent flotation and easy handling in soft snow, and tough laminate construction adds versatility on variable surfaces
- Lightweight aspen, paulownia and maple wood core produces a natural flex, allowing the ski to achieve full contact with the snow throughout the turn
- Metal laminate construction alternates layers of fiberglass and titanium above and below the wood core to provide vibration damping and powerful responsiveness
- Elongated All-Terrain Rocker initiates turns easily and offers agility in the chutes, and normally cambered tails increase speed in powder and enhance maneuverability
- Progressive sidecut has different curve shapes along different parts of the ski—more aggressive in the tip, less aggressive in the tail
- The progressive sidecut results in confident, quick turn initiation and easy release in crud and powder
- Powder tip places the widest point of the ski further back than on other K2 skis, resulting in predictable performance in variable backcountry conditions
- Hybridtech sidewalls blend the performance characteristics of sidewalls with the forgiving flex of cap construction in the tip and tail
- Hybridtech offers responsiveness and power underfoot and maintains smooth initiation and easy exits from turns
- Includes tip and tail holes that facilitate attaching skins (sold separately) and building rescue sleds; remove plugs from skis with a flathead screwdriver
- Flat tails make it easy to set a ski anchor, and notches in tails help skin clips stay centered
- Requires bindings with wide brakes
- Base or topsheet color may vary from online photo
Recommended rider weights are a general guideline. Please keep in mind that additional factors can affect which size will best suit your needs. If you have questions regarding ski and snowboard sizing, please contact us at 1-800-426-4840.
Please note: K2 products can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
People Also Viewed