Light and fast is the mantra for this Scott Spark 29er Expert carbon full-suspension mountain bike, which loves 24-hour and stage races as well as all-day epics.
- Lightweight carbon frame boasts a responsive, adjustable geometry and a stiff aluminum swingarm for excellent rear-end tracking
- Oversize bearings help keep suspension stiff and responsive; rear shock linkage chip lets you adjust head tube angle to meet your geometry preferences
- Tapered head tube stiffens up the front end for enhanced strength and handling precision
- TwinLoc system provides remote, bar-top control of suspension travel and lockout, letting you customize performance on the fly; choose between full travel or full lockout
- TwinLoc's 3 settings supply full travel front and rear, Traction mode (full travel on fork with limited rear suspension), and lockout for both front and rear
- RockShox Reba 29 RL Air fork boasts 100mm of air-sprung travel with both rebound adjustment and lockout; tapered alloy steerer provides weight savings
- DT Swiss M210 rear shock with rebound adjustment and lockout offers platform damping for improved efficiency and excellent rear end traction
- 3x10 Shimano drivetrain features XT crank and rear derailleur along with SLX shifters and front derailleur, supplying quick, efficient and precise performance
- Avid Elixir 5S hydraulic disc brakes use a 180mm rotor up front and a 160mm rotor in back to facilitate responsive, progressive braking
- DT Swiss XR39 wheels are outfitted with Schwalbe Rocket Ron tires offer great all-around, self-cleaning performance and a lightweight Kevlar® bead
- Please note: the Scott Spark 29er Expert comes with Shimano PD-M520 clipless pedals (cleats included)
- Specs are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
People Also Viewed