Please note: Mammut products can only be shipped to the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Mammut Contact Sling Dyneema 8.0:
The Mammut and Black Diamond slings are identical on paper. The differences are as follows:
- The stitching on the Mammut is shorter, and the ends spliced in such a way as not to catch on things
- The Black Diamond slings seem less prone to fuzzing and abrasion
- The Mammut is more flexible, knottable, and handles better.
- The Black Diamond seems to slide more smoothly through carabiners in self-equalizing rigs.
- They're both the same width, despite being "8mm" and "10mm" on the spec sheets.
It doesn't make much difference in the end. Both are far far lighter and more compact than nylon, and less prone to twists and tangles than cord.
I use Mammut for my draws and Black Diamond for anchor rigging just so I can tell them apart at a glance.
How are we doing? Give us feedback on this page.