A touring delight, the Raleigh Port Townsend bike comes well-equipped for long, loaded adventures on two wheels.
- Reynolds 520 butted steel frame offers smooth handling and strength under heavy loads; included front rack is perfect for supporting handlebar bags, not included
- Shimano Sora compact crankset and derailleurs are paired with Dura Ace bar end shifters for excellent, reliable shifting performance over the years and miles
- Shimano cantilever brakes and Tektro levers provide reliable stopping power without hindering tire or fender clearance
- Tough double-walled rims and puncture-resistant Vittoria Randonneur Touring tires have the durability needed to log long miles
- No fancy shoes required—platform pedals with leather toe straps accommodate many casual shoes
- Front and rear fenders help keep the ride muck-free; frame also has mounts for additional rear rack (sold separately)
- Specs on the Raleigh Port Townsend bike are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
People Also Viewed