The Scott Foil 40 compact bike offers an aerodynamic carbon road frame with Shimano 105 components, making it a speedy, budget racer for the local stage race, crit or feisty club ride.
- Full-carbon frame is designed to maximize aerodynamic efficiency using foil-inspired tube shapes, all while offering a road racing geometry for exceptional handling
- Additional frame highlights include carbon dropouts with replaceable hanger, BB30 bottom bracket shell, tapered head tube and internal cable routing
- All-carbon fork with tapered steerer ensures exacting precision when carving turns at speed
- Shimano 105 group supplies dependable performance; compact crank drives 11-25 cassette for gearing to tackle punchy hills and fast descents
- Shimano R501 wheels feature a low spoke count and a rim profile that balances aerodynamic performance with light weight
- Continental Ultra Race tires ensure light, fast-rolling performance and offer puncture protection to keep you rolling to the finish line
- Please note: pedals are sold separately
- Specs on the Scott Foil 40 compact carbon road bike are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
People Also Viewed