The Marin San Rafael DS2 hybrid bike is a great choice for commuting, fitness and having fun, thanks to its laid-back geometry and bump-forgiving suspension.
- Lightweight 6061 aluminum frame is constructed to increase strength while offering weight savings; shaped seatstays and chainstays improve ride quality
- Suntour NVX suspension fork dampens road shock with 63mm of travel; also features lockout adjustment
- Suntour NCX triple crankset and 11-32 cassette provide 24 gears for fun, swift cruising and efficient hill climbing
- Shimano shifters and derailleurs provide responsive, smooth shifting through all 24 speeds
- Alex DC25 rims are outfitted with puncture-resistant Duro Spitfire tires for an efficient ride that rolls up to speed quickly
- WTB Comfort V saddle provides the ergonomic support and cushioning required for day-long riding
- Linear-pull brakes with modulation let you ease in the braking power for controlled deceleration
- No special shoes required—platform pedals accommodate a variety of casual shoes
- Marin San Rafael DS2 specs are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
People Also Viewed