TOPO! Outdoor Recreation mapping software for PC and Mac now includes updated 3-D map rendering with fly-throughs and live map updating for Indiana, Michigan and Ohio.
- Software package contains both PC and Mac versions for full compatibility across platforms, making it easier than ever to plan, print and play!
- 3-D rendering technology creates virtual relief maps that you can fly-through or view alongside 2-D maps, letting you preview your hike and views
- Overlay roads and highways on any topographic map for confident navigation to the trailhead
- Live map update feature downloads the latest information for your defined area, ensuring you are always armed with the most up-to-date data
- TOPO!'s traveling tool allows you to zoom in, zoom out and scroll the map in any direction
- TOPO! determines the exact latitude/longitude and elevation of any point on the map
- Enhanced 3-D digital shading emphasizes changes in elevation, making the maps easier to read and use; shading toggles on and off
- Add routes, symbols and text to customize your map; attach note boxes, web links and photos to the objects you place on the map
- Select the exact area you need and print a photo-quality custom map on any ink-jet or laser printer or plotter
- Transfer your custom waypoint and route information directly to or from most handheld GPS units
- Link photos and export maps to Palm and Pocket PC handhelds with TOPO! Sync USA (sold separately)
- Contains scanned images of actual 1:24,000 and 1:100,000 scale USGS maps with over 2,700 seamless map images
- Print waterproof trail maps on National Geographic Adventure Paper (sold separately) to take along on your trips
- Visualize elevation gain with elevation profiling--simply trace a route anywhere on the map and the software will generate an elevation profile
- Powerful search function finds trails, camps and campgrounds, lakes and ponds, parks, cities and towns, USGS 7.5' quad names and much more
- Export images in standard raster formats (JPG, GIF, etc.) for use in other applications
- Share trail files with other TOPO! users on National Geographic's mapXchange website, letting you find new and exciting routes
System requirements: PC - Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000 or XP; 486 DX/66 MHz or higher; 64 MB RAM + 8 MB video memory; CDROM drive; Mac - OS 10.2 or higher; 350 MHz G3 or better; 128 MB RAM + 16 MB video memory; CDROM drive; works with all color and black-and-white printers supported by Windows and Macintosh; works with most popular handheld receivers manufactured by Garmin, Magellan, Suunto, Eagle, and Lowrance. Direct link requires input and output capabilities and a PC cable (all sold separately).
Made in USA.
People Also Viewed