Leather jackets and duck tail 'dos. Bygone days when hot rods ruled the strip. Electra Straight 8. A bike for those who live it big.
- Bring back the days of chocolate malts and all-night cruising with hip retro styling and a laid-back ride that will have everyone looking twice
- Innovative geometry places pedals fore of the seatpost, which creates a low center of gravity and positions rider in an upright, balanced position
- Result is a comfortable riding position, full leg extension for maximum power, and, typically, an ability to reach the ground with both feet
- Shifting system is maintenance free and simple to use; three speeds are located in rear hub, and you needn't be moving to shift from one to another
- Integrated coaster brake is both effective and intuitively simple to use—just pedal in reverse, like you did as a child on your first bike
- Lightweight aluminum frame is easily maneuvered and powered, and its sweeping lines define the look
- Fat 24 x 3-inch tires are nothing but attitude (and wonderfully stable at slow speeds)
- Ride in serious comfort all day long aboard the oversize custom spring saddle; short rear fender keeps the tire spray off your back side
- Platform pedals accept just about any pair of shoes, biker boots or flip flops; full-length chainguard keeps pant legs free of oil and entanglement
- One size fits most
Fitting an Electra bike is easy. Start by setting the saddle to its lowest position and then stand over it with both feet on the ground. Next, simply raise the saddle until it rests in the crotch. Tighten it in place, and that's it, you're done! After an initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
This item's hot - and it's only available online.
People Also Viewed