In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the first ascent of Everest, The Mountaineers present the highlights of the climbing history of the peak.
- Edited by Peter Potterfield
- Softcover; 258 pages
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2003
- George Mallory and Sandy Irvine setting off for their final climb in 1924
- Sir Edmund Hillary's own account of the first historic ascent in 1953
- Jim Whittaker, the first American to summit Everest, on the 1963 climb
- Tom Hornbein and Willi Unsoeld's first traverse of Everest via the West Ridge and South Col routes
- Reinhold Messner's revolutionary climbs in 1978 (the first ascent without supplemental oxygen) and 1980 (the first solo ascent)
- The official expedition account of the discovery of George Mallory's body in 1999
- Dave Hahn's riveting first-person account of the epic 2001 high-altitude rescue
Made in USA.
People Also Viewed