Celebrates the accomplishments of today's most talented and prolific climbers, showcasing each featured climber's all-time favorite route.
- Author: Mark Kroese
- Softcover; 223 pages; full-color photographs
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2001
- Presents 50 classic rock and alpine routes in 50 chapters and creates the complete climbing experience in four parts:
- A revealing climber profile, including a summary of his/her accomplishments, insights into training regimes, philosophies and anecdotes
- Story behind the climb and why it is the climber's favorite--recounting some of the greatest moments and dramatic ascents of this generation
- Detail route description provided by the climber, most including a personal topo "map" (many published here for the first time)
- Beautiful full-color photos by Corey Rich, Galen Rowell, Bradford Washburn, Gordon Wiltsie and others among the "who's who" of outdoor photography
- Winner of the 2001 National Outdoor Book Award in the Outdoor Adventure Guidebook Category!
- Winner of Best Book - Mountain Exposition at the 2001 Banff Mountain Book Festival!
More than a guidebook of modern classic climbs in North America; this is a snapshot of contemporary climbing history and a window into the lives of those who have shaped the sport. Fifty Favorite Climbs will serve as a perennial source of ideas and inspirations for everyone. 25% of the proceeds from this book will be donated to the Access Fun.
Made in USA.
People Also Viewed