The 5th edition of Hikes in the Washington Region
describes half-day hikes within a 40-mile radius of the Zero Milestone in downtown Washington, D.C..
- Authors: Philip J. Stone and William E. Hutchinson
- Softcover booklet; 134 pages; two-color maps and black-and-white photographs
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club; copyright 2009
- Measures 4 x 7 in.
- Describes most hiking areas open to the public, but does not describe trails as such, rather representative hikes using one or multiple trails
- Material is arranged by stream valleys
- In each section there is a general description discussing geographical, natural and historical aspects of the basin followed by descriptions of hikes
- Travel directions to trailhead, detailed descriptions of the walks cite points of interests and give distances between landmarks
- Alternative routes, side trips and connections to other trails are often noted
The trails described in this guide are not necessarily maintained in accordance with PATC standards; some utilize PATC trails and many of the others are completely unmarked or have blazes or symbols that have not been renewed in many years.
Made in USA.
People Also Viewed