Fast and fun, the GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc hardtail mountain bike offers a great spec and responsive handling for fun-filled singletrack adventures.
- Aluminum frame features hydroformed tubes for extra strength; zero-stack head tube improves steering precision
- RockShox Tora 302 suspension for delivers 120mm of trail-smoothing travel along with easy rebound adjustment and lockout
- Shimano 27-speed drivetrain boasts the snappy SLX rear derailleur, and Deore shifters and front derailleur for fast, responsive and precise shifting
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes deliver powerful speed management, thanks in part to a 180mm rotor up front and 160mm in back
- Maxxis Mobster tires—26 x 2.35 in. front, 26 x 2.1 in. back—supply traction for varying trail conditions
- Replaceable rear derailleur hanger helps extend the usable life of the frame
- Specs on the GT Avalanche 1.0 Disc hardtail mountain bike are subject to change
After its initial break-in period you might notice your bicycle performing less responsively than the day you brought it home. Not to worry, this is typical of all new bicycles and simply reflects that cables have stretched or their housings have seated themselves into final position. To keep running at peak performance, all REI bicycles come with a FREE warranty tune-up, which should be accomplished between the first 100-200 miles of riding or after the first two months if you're accumulating miles less quickly. Contact your nearest REI bike shop for details and an appointment for this important service.
People Also Viewed