Garmin Montana 600 GPS
The tough and waterproof Garmin Montana 600 GPS features a large touch-screen display, multiple mapping options, a 3-axis compass and a barometric altimeter.
Item # 825495
The REI Member Dividend
The REI dividend is a unique benefit of membership in the REI co-op. It's comprised of your member refund—typically 10% back on eligible purchases—and/or your REI Visa® card rebates.
Each March, active REI members and REI Visa cardholders who earned a rebate receive a refund in the form of an annual dividend notice.
Only active members receive annual dividend notices. To maintain your active status as an REI member, you need to make net merchandise or shipping purchases of at least $10 per year, unless you joined that year. Member numbers are issued in one name and only that person receives the member refund. Your number can be used by others in your family, but it cannot be transferred to someone else.
- Learn how we calculate the member dividend.
- Find out how to redeem your dividend.
- Learn when dividends expire.
Questions? Call us at 1-800-426-4840 for more about your dividend or its redemption.
- 4 in. display is sunlight-readable and offers crystal-clear colors and high-resolution images
- Touch-screen interface lets you spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information
- Built to withstand the elements, the Montana 600 shrugs off bumps, dust, dirt, humidity and water
- MicroSD card slot lets you expand memory, add additional maps (sold separately) and view pictures from other devices (microSD card sold separately)
- Garmin Montana 600 GPS is compatible with BirdsEye satellite imagery (subscription required) and free Custom Maps software that transforms paper maps into downloadable files
- Add Garmin City Navigator NT® mapping software (sold separately) and the Montana 600 will give you spoken turn-by-turn driving directions
- Enjoy effortless sharing of waypoints, tracks, routes and geocache locations among the Montana, Oregon and Colorado series units with ANT wireless communication function
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction locate and maintain your position quickly and precisely—even in heavy cover or deep canyons
- 3-axis tilt-compensated compass shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without having to hold the unit level
- Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude and lets you plot barometric pressure over time to keep an eye on changing weather conditions
- Dual battery system lets you use either the included rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack or traditional AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Supports OpenCaching.com GPX files for downloading detailed geocache descriptions, terrain, difficulty and hints directly into GPS unit; visit OpenCaching.com to start!
- Rugged, waterproof construction protects unit from bumps, dust and moisture; meets IEC 60529 lPX7 standards (can be submerged to 1m for up to 30 min.)
- The Garmin Montana 600 GPS comes with a lithium-ion battery pack, USB cable and AC charger
Compatible GPS Receivers: Astro, Colorado 300, Colorado 400c, Colorado 400i, Colorado 400t, Montana, Monterra, GPSMap 62 series, Edge 605, Edge 705, eTrex 20, eTrex 30, Legend HCx, eTrex Legend C, eTrex Vista HCx, eTrex Vista C, GPSMAP 276C, GPSMAP 278, GPSMAP 376C, GPSMAP 378, GPSMAP 478, GPSMAP 60C, GPSMAP 60CS, GPSMAP 60CSx, GPSMAP 60Cx, GPSMAP 620, GPSMAP 640, GPSMAP 76C, GPSMAP 76CS, GPSMAP 76CSx, GPSMAP 76Cx, nüvi 500, nüvi 550, Oregon 200, Oregon 300, Oregon 400c, Oregon 400i, Oregon 400t, Rino 520HCx, Rino 530HCx, Dakota 10, Dakota 20
Please note: Garmin products can only be shipped to U.S. addresses.
|Visual map display|
|Number of routes|
|Number of waypoints|
|Average battery life|
Garmin Montana 600 GPS
Loading Ratings & Reviews...
Ask a question and have it answered by REI product experts and fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Need immediate assistance? Use Live Help.
Loading Questions & Answers...