- Author: Tracy Salcedo-Chourre
- Softcover; 277 pages; color photographs and maps
- Morris Book Publishing, LLC; copyright 2014
- Concise hike descriptions and easy-to-follow maps keep things simple
- Features distance, time, difficulty, trail surface, best seasons, other trail users, dog-friendliness, land status, fees and permits, maps, contacts and special considerations
- Best Hikes Near Reno and Lake Tahoe measures 9 x 6 in.
Made in USA.
Here are 45 of the best hikes, nearly all of them within an hour's drive of Reno and Lake Tahoe. From hikes featuring gorgeous waterfalls and great lake views to treks in the deep woods, this guide offers plenty to choose from.
Each hike features full-color photos; a brief route description; thorough directions to the trailhead (GPS coordinates included); a detailed, full-color trail map; and at-a-glance information on distance and difficulty level, hiking time, canine compatibility and fees and permits. Inside you'll also find a Trial Finder that categorizes each hike, e.g., those best for lake lovers, views, waterfalls and history buffs. Also includes Green Tips, and information about local lore, points of interest and wildlife.