- Author: Bob Gaines
- Softcover; 172 pages; color photographs and maps
- Falcon Publishing, Inc.; copyright 2013
- Covers vital information on all aspects of rappelling, from rigging simple rope and anchor systems to dealing with complicated emergency situations
- Includes a comprehensive discussion of ropes, slings and all hardware used in rappelling
- Rappelling measures approximately 9 x 7.5 in.
Made in USA.
This guide covers techniques for the most basic to advanced climbing, including multi-pitch rappelling methods and rope management. Single rope fixed line rappelling techniques used in caving, canyoneering, and industrial applications are also discussed, along with improvised ascending techniques (prusiking) and ascending a fixed rope with mechanical ascenders (jumaring). Rappelling accident analysis and prevention is also included along with a section on rappel back-ups and safety checks.