- Author: Mike Matson
- Softcover; 290 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- Avalon Travel Publishing; copyright 2013
- Take a Hike: Salt Lake City covers the Western Mountains, the northern Wasatch, Salt Lake City and the central Wasatch, the southern Wasatch, and the Uintas
- Includes descriptions of trails ranging from short, flat routes suitable for families to day-long, steep treks for more advanced hikers
- Hiking profiles include difficulty ratings, length, time and elevation gain, as well as an overview map with a basic sketch of the route
- Hikes are grouped by interest, such as "Best Hikes for Historic Sites," "Best For Families" and "Best Vistas"
- MOON Take a Hike: Salt Lake City measures approximately 8.5 x 5.5 in.