- Editor: Carey Michael Kish
- Softcover; 402 pages; black and white photographs and maps
- Globe Pequot Press; copyright 2012
- Includes trail maps for: Baxter State Park and Katahdin, 100-Mile Wilderness, Bigelow Range, Camden Hills, Easter Mount Desert Island, Mahoosuc Range and Evans Notch
- Maps are separate from book; they are full-size, color, 1:85,000 scale, GPS-rendered topographical maps with trail segment mileage
- Includes 450 detailed trail descriptions; updated edition includes 75 new mountains and 200 new trails
- Includes distances, elevations and trip times, as well as suggested hikes for all abilities
- Maine Mountain Guide measures approximately 7 x 5 in.
Made in USA.
For more than 50 years, AMC�s Maine Mountain Guide has been the trusted resource for hikers visiting the state�s spectacular peaks. This new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated, featuring 200 new trails, expanded coverage of Baxter State Park and Acadia National Park, and 5 new in-text maps. The trip-planning and safety information and the accompanying full-color, GPS-rendered maps with trail segment mileage make it easy to start your next adventure. If you are looking to explore Maine�s diverse terrain, from Katahdin and the 100-Mile Wilderness to the Mahoosucs and the Camden Hills, this guide is a must have.