- Authors: Jeff Welsch and Sherry L. Moore
- Softcover; 239 pages; color photographs and maps
- The Countryman Press; copyright 2012
- Explorer's Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and Jackson Hole measures approximately 9 x 6 in.
- Full title is Explorer's Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and Jackson Hole, a Great Destination
Made in USA.
Completely revised, this 2nd edition of
Explorer's Guides: Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks and Jackson Hole goes far beyond the usual compilation of information to give you such an intimate and comprehensive view that you�ll want to return again and again to experience everything. More than 3.5 million people visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton annually, and with good reason. This last great intact temperate ecosystem in North America is a place of incomparable grandeur, wonder and rugged beauty. Authors Jeff Welsch and Sherry L. Moore have again written an insightful, informative guide that covers every road mile—and beyond.
Yellowstone chapters correspond to the park�s 5 entrances and include detailed maps and listing for everything you need in each area. Special sections cover wildlife, history, geology, culture and events; icons reveal which lodgings are handicapped accessible, accept pets and feature a restaurant.
All lodging and dining options inside the parks are included; outside the parks, only the top choices are listed; icons indicating the authors favorites help you find the best of the best. Alternatives like guest ranches, cabins and campgrounds are detailed as well. Invaluable insider knowledge helps you tailor your trip in a way few other guides can. With all there is to do and see in and near the parks, you can trust this guide—it�s your best travel companion.