- Editor: Judith McGuire
- Softcover booklet; 132 pages; 2-tone maps and black-and-white photographs
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club; copyright 2004
- Descriptions include travel directions to trailheads, points of interest and mile-by-mile cues
- Included maps provide general topography and serve as an easy reference when you want to see what lies ahead
- Hikes in Western Maryland measures approximately 7 x 4 in.
Made in USA.
The trails described in this guide are not necessarily maintained in accordance with Potomac Appalachian Trail Club standards; some utilize PATC trails and many of the others are completely unmarked or have blazes or symbols that have not been renewed in many years.