- Author: John Colver and Nicole Nazzaro
- Softcover; 270 pages; color photographs
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2011
- Fit by Nature covers fitness basics such as nutrition, injury prevention, goal-setting and gear lists
- Includes a compendium of all core exercises, sport-specific circuit training and a fitness evaluation
In Fit by Nature, John Colver, founder of fitness company adventX, lays out his flagship 12- week outdoor training program. Starting with seasonal advice on how to effectively utilize the outdoors, John leads you toward a healthy, fit lifestyle. Run up neighborhood stairs, jump over logs on a nearby trail, swim at a local aquatic park or stretch in your own backyard: John promotes a "Challenge by Choice� philosophy that encourages you to customize a workout that matches your skill level and goals. With this unique and positive 12-week program, you will learn how to integrate simple exercises into your daily routine, explore the community in which you live, create a sustainable approach to your fitness life, and appreciate your outdoor world in new ways. Fit by Nature will push you to a new fitness level—and change your life!