- Author: Julie Smith
- Softcover; 256 pages; black-and-white photographs and maps
- The Countryman Press; copyright 2009
- Hikes range in length from a 2 mi. ramble to a multiday backpacking trip, and provide something for hikers of all abilities
- Overview chart at the front of the book makes it easy to choose a hike based on mileage, difficulty, duration and location
- Each hike description includes a topographic map and at-a-glance information on mileage, difficulty rating, time, elevation and recommended USGS maps
- Provides information on the geology, wildlife and history of the Sierras
Made in USA.