- Author: Paul Richins, Jr.
- Softcover; 253 pages; black-and-white photos and maps
- The Mountaineers Books; copyright 2008
- Second edition features three new routes, nine route variations, tips on ultralight hiking, climbing Whitney in the winter, and routes by difficulty
- Offers a full range of options for every kind of hiker, novice to experienced
- Covers not just the Mount Whitney Trail, but also several lesser-known routes
- Covers weather, high-altitude problems, hydration and the wildlife you might encounter along the way
- Trip-planning tips, plus information on wilderness permits and regulations, thoroughly prepare hikers for any kind of outing to Mount Whitney
Made in USA.