- Author: Tim Rubbert
- Softcover; 135 pages; black-and-white photos
- Riverbend Publishing; copyright 2006
- Based on personal experiences, the author tells how to avoid bear encounters and how to react if you do encounter a bear
- Lessons cover making noise, remaining calm, staying together and retreating
- Also covers encountering surprised bears, habituated bears, bears with cubs and bears on carcasses
- Special chapter on bear spray includes when and how to use it and describes author's two back-country encounters when he was forced to spray bears
Made in USA.