- Lorentzen, Bob and Nichols, Richard
- Softcover; 368 pages; 65 two-color illustrated maps; black-and-white photos
- Co-published by Bored Feet Press and Coastwalk; copyright 2000
- 83 accessible trail sections from 2 1/2 to 27 3/4 miles in length
- 6 sections suitable for backpacking in Big Sur, Santa Monica Mountains and at Point Sal
- 64 State Parks and Beaches; 86 county and city parks and preserves; auto and walk-in campgrounds, lodgings and hostels en route
- 32 feature articles on coastal attractions, history and issues
Made in USA.
America's most diverse long-distance trail explores the 1200 miles of California's enthralling shore; this guide covers the trail's southern half, 600 miles from Monterey to Mexico.