Diamondback Insight 24" Kids' Bike
This product is not available.Shop similar products
There's nothing like summertime bike rides, and the Diamondback Insight 24 is made for them. With 14 gears and an upright riding position, it helps your growing cyclist keep up all day long.
- Alloy frame with replaceable derailleur hanger for durability
- Aero Alloy straight blade fork provides solid steering
- Linear pull brakes deliver reliable stopping power
- Shimano 14-speed drivetrain gives a nice range of gears for varied terrain
- 24 in. wheels are sized right for kids
- Specs and images are subject to change
Imported.This bike comes with Coast to Coast Support, which includes:View all Diamondback Kids' Cruiser Bikes
- 1 year of free adjustments (see more below)
- In-store bike assembly
- Pickup in store or curbside
- Bike experts available at 170+ bike shops
- Free flat tire repairs (labor only; parts not included)
- 20% off shop services
New bikes go through a normal break-in period, after which they should be readjusted. All bicycles sold at REI include free adjustments for one year after purchase date—as many times as you need. Included: derailleur and brake adjustments, lateral wheel truing, hub and headset bearing adjustments, tire inflation and chain lubrication. Not included: replacement or installation of new components or accessories, any other services. Call your local REI Co-op Bike Shop for more information.
Insight Jr. Aero alloy straight blade
165mm alloy with chain guard, 42/34
Square taper 5-piece
Shimano RS35 Revo 7-speed twist shift
Shimano TZ-30, 31.8mm band clamp
Shimano Tourney TY300
Shimano Tourney TZ21 freewheel,14-28t
Number of Gears
Alloy linear-pull with reach adjust
Alloy linear-pull with reach adjust
32h R-1000 alloy
32h nutted, freewheel
Kenda K-184, 24 x 1-3/8" (37-540)
Steel Jr riser
Alloy micro-adjust 27.2mm
Jr padded 2-panel
KMC Z51, 7-speed
25 lbs. 10 oz..
Bike weight is based on median size, as sold, or the average of two median sizes.
24 in Height Range 54" to 61" Reach 326 Stack 500 Effective Top Tube 483 Seat Tube Center-Top 300 Standover Height 673 Head Tube Length 120.7 Head Tube Angle (degrees) 69 Seat Tube Angle (degrees) 71 Bottom Bracket Height 279.4 Wheelbase 965.2 Chainstay 410 Fork Offset 37
Bike measurements are stated in millimeters.
How we measure bikes
- Standover Height Standover Height is a measurement from the ground to the top of the top tube, measured at the midpoint of the top tube.
- Reach Reach is the horizontal distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured at head tube level.
- Stack Stack is the vertical distance from the center of the cranks to the center of the head tube, measured to the top of the head tube.
- Effective Top Tube Effective top tube is the distance from the center of the head tube to the center of the seat tube/seat post, measured parallel to the ground.
- Seat Tube Center to Top Seat Tube length is the measurement of the seat tube, from the center of the cranks to the top of the seat tube.
- Head Tube Length Head Tube Length is measured from the bottom to the top of the head tube.
- Head Tube Angle Head Tube Angle is the acute angle between the head tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike)
- Seat Tube Angle Seat Tube Angle is the acute angle between the seat tube and the ground (measured towards the rear of the bike).
- Bottom Bracket Height Bottom Bracket Height is a measurement taken vertically from the ground up to the center of the cranks.
- Wheelbase Wheelbase is the measurement from the center of the front axle to the center of the rear axle.
- Chainstay Length Chainstay Length is the measurement from the center of the cranks to the center of the rear axle.
- Fork Offset Fork Offset, or rake, is the distance from the front axle to a line drawn parallel to the center of the head tube or steering axis.
Loading Reviews... Loading Questions...