How We Calculate Sales Tax
- As a national retailer with physical retail stores nationwide, REI is required to charge applicable state and local sales tax on orders shipped to states where we have a physical presence, which includes distribution centers, operating stores and/or new stores under construction.
- In states in which REI does not have a physical presence, we may be required to charge applicable state and local sales tax on orders shipped if required to do so under state and/or local tax laws, such as those enacted by the State of New York.
- Some taxing authorities also require the taxable amount to include any shipping and handling charges, while others charge sales tax only on merchandise. We are required to follow the rules of each state.
- Gift Cards—No sales tax is charged when buying gift cards. The appropriate sales tax will be charged on the purchase when the gift card is used.
- Notice for orders shipping to Kentucky residents
- Notice for orders shipping to Oklahoma residents
- Notice for orders shipping to South Dakota residents
- Notice for orders shipping to Vermont residents
How much will it cost to ship my order?
See our current shipping rates. You can also review your shipping charges as part of the online checkout process (before payment).
When will I get my order?
See our estimated shipping timelines for domestic orders placed today. The estimates are already adjusted to account for holidays and weekends.
Do you ship internationally?
Do you offer free shipping?
What does it mean if an item is on backorder?
If an item is not currently available, but we think we'll eventually get more inventory, you have the option to put that item on backorder. If the item becomes available we will ship it to you. Of course, we will not charge your credit card until the item ships.