Tree Planting Project
Planting longleaf pine seedlings to restore ecosystems in the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. One tree planted per $1 donated.
East Coast Greenway Project
Supporting creation of a 3,000-mile trail network that promotes healthy lifestyles, clean transportation, climate resilience and more.
American Rivers Project
Protecting wild rivers, supporting river cleanups, restoring damaged rivers and conserving clean water for people and nature.
Oak Creek Trails Project
Educating indigenous youth on restoration skills including GIS mapping, weed eradication, native plant propagation and trail maintenance.
Cathedral Ledge Project
Restoring and improving climbing access routes, enhancing staging areas and addressing erosion issues to reduce environmental impacts.
In 2020, REI proudly supported these 17 nonprofit outdoor projects:
- Longleaf Pine Seedlings Tree Planting Project, Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forests, GA
- Ancestral Lands Restoration Certificate Program/Oak Creek Sustainable Trails Project; Coconino National Forest, AZ
- Grays and Torreys Peaks, Stevens Gulch Project, CO
- Huron-Manistee National Forests River Stewardship Project; Ml
- Junior Rangers Field Program Project, Angeles, San Bernardino & Cleveland National Forests, CA
- Cathedral Ledge Restoration Project; White Mountain National Forest, NH
- Bighorn Fire Restoration Project, Coronado National Forest, AZ
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy Project, GA to ME
- Pacific Crest Trail Association Project, CA, OR & WA
- Continental Divide Trail Coalition Project, NM to MT
- North Country Trail Association Project, ND to VT
- American Rivers Project, National Rivers
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Project Washington, D.C.
- Capital Trails Coalition Project, Washington, D.C.
- Friends of Big Marsh Project, Chicago, IL
- Oregon State University Foundation Rewilding Project, Portland, OR
- East Coast Greenway Alliance Project, FL to ME
*The APR may vary and as of 1/8/2021 the variable APR for Purchases and Balance Transfers is 13.99% - 23.99%, based on your creditworthiness. The variable APR for Cash Advances is 25.99%. Cash Advance fee: 5% of each advance amount, $10 minimum. Convenience Check fee: 3% of each check amount, $5 minimum. Cash Equivalent fee: 5% of each cash amount, $20 minimum. Balance Transfer fee: 3% of each transfer amount, $5 minimum. There is a $2 minimum interest charge where interest is due. The annual fee is $0. The foreign transaction fee is $0. We may change APRs, fees and other Account terms in the future based on your experience with U.S. Bank National Association and its affiliates as provided under the Cardmember Agreement and applicable law.
1. This year, REI will donate $0.10 per REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard purchase transaction made to the REI Foundation, up to $1 million. REI Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private charity that aims to: rewild cities and keep wild places wild; connect underrepresented groups to the outdoors; demonstrate nature’s health benefits; and advance climate action. Non-Purchase transactions, including cash advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, and other advance transactions as defined in the Cardmember Agreement, as well as interest charges and fees, do not qualify. Transactions posted in late December of the current year may be applied in the following year. REI may change the benefit or named charity in future years. REI is solely responsible for making the donation.
2. 5% back applies to REI net purchases including full price and discount items, REI gift cards, services, fees and REI adventure travel-invoiced trip payments. 2% back applies to net purchases using a mobile wallet. Mobile wallet is defined as the method of paying for a transaction by use of a mobile device (in-store, in-app or online) and using eligible mobile wallet providers. 1% back applies to non-REI and non-mobile wallet net purchases only. Net purchases are purchases minus credits and returns. Non-Purchase transactions, including cash advances, convenience checks, balance transfers, and other advance transactions as defined in the Cardmember Agreement, as well as interest charges and fees, do not qualify. Go to reimastercard.com/benefits for additional information. If the transaction is a Qualified REI Purchase made using an eligible mobile wallet provider, the reward will be 5% back. If the transaction is a Qualified Non-REI Purchase made using an eligible mobile wallet provider, the reward will be 2% back. The 5%, 2% and 1% rewards are distributed with your member dividend annually.
3. REI Co-op World Elite Mastercard rewards are offered to cardholders in accordance with the card's terms, but are mentioned as parts of a dividend because they are paid at the same time as your normal member dividend. 10% member dividend is typical but not guaranteed. Your member dividend is based on eligible net qualified purchases, which exclude REI Outlet items, sale, clearance items, discounted items, gift cards, REI adventure travel, REI classes, tours and events, service fees (ex. rentals, labor), membership fee, postage, event tickets, passes or registrations, government agencies and sales tax.
The creditor and issuer of the REI Co-op World Mastercard® is U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.©2020 U.S. Bank
© 2020 Recreational Equipment, Inc. All rights reserved. REI and the REI Co-op logo are trademarks of Recreational Equipment, Inc.