Bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least two one-liter water bottles, such as a Nalgene bottle, or a large hydration bladder.
- Daypack - Large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Energy Snacks
- Hiking Boots
- Hiking Socks - Mositure wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Personal Prescription Medications - Including, but not limited to, epinephrine auto-injectors for anaphylactic allergies.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Wide Brim Hat w/ Retainer - Sun protective & safe in case of wind
Provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit - Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
- Trekking Poles