Bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least two one-liter water bottles, such as a Nalgene bottle, or a large hydration bladder.
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Extra Warm Synthetic Clothing
- Insulated/Waterproof Boots - Suitable for snowshoeing.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Lunch & Snacks
- Personal Toiletries
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Utensils - A good choice is the REI Campware Utensil Set
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry.
- Energy Snacks
- Nature Journal / Pencil (or other art medium)
- Personal Backpack & Equipment - The backpack and equipment you use.
Provided by REI:
- 4 Season Backpacking Tent - 2-4 person tent suitable for winter camping.
- Backpack - Internal frame 45-65 liter pack.
- Backpacking Stove
- Food - Camping food.
- Four Season Sleeping Bag
- Group First Aid Kit
- Hiking Poles - REI will provide but you are welcome to bring your own.
- Sleeping Pad - Closed cell foam or self inflatable.