Learn to Stand Up Paddleboard Class
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 13
- Group size: 6
Spend time on the water and learn everything you need to get started in the sport of Stand Up Paddleboarding. You'll be introduced to the basic strokes, and receive personalized instruction to improve your balance and comfort on the board. We'll cover important gear and safety concepts before we practice moving from a seated to standing position, remounting our board after falling (or jumping!) in the water, and basic paddle strokes. This is a great way to build a new skill set or improve upon what you already know about paddleboarding. Paddleboards, paddles and safety equipment provided!
- Gain comfort and confidence on a Stand Up Paddleboard
- Learn how to move from seated to standing on a SUP
- Practice basic paddle strokes
- Learn to remount your board from the water
Newport Sea Base
More directions and information
In the event the parking lot is full, there is free street parking along PCH.