Trad Gear Rock Climbing Anchors Class
- Fitness level 1: Relaxed
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Group size: 8
Learn the basics of building climbing anchor systems using traditional gear such as nuts and cams. We will start by covering how to place pieces of traditional gear in natural rock features and how to identify properly and improperly placed pieces of gear. We'll build on your gear placement skill by covering the knots and theory of effective anchor building, and putting it all together to build a solid and efficient climbing anchor. This class will give you ample chances to practice your anchor building skills under supervision, and provide personalized instruction to help you set the best anchors possible. This class is for people with prior top rope anchor building experience. All anchor building supplies are provided by REI.
- Learn to place traditional protection gear in natural rock features
- Learn and practice the necessary knots for effective anchor building
- Understand the required elements of a solid and secure climbing anchor
- This class does not focus on climbing technique and there is not guarantee of time to climb
Interstate State Park - Taylors Falls - 256 Traprock St, Taylors Falls, MN 55084
More directions and information
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us Monday through Friday 8 AM - 5 PM at (952) 884-4315 x 221 and Minneapolisemail@example.com OR Friday evening through Sunday on our after-hours phone: (612) 467-9161. This is a monitored mailbox so please send a text or leave a voicemail.