Natural Rock Climbing Anchors Class
$125 for REI Members
$145 for non-members
- Group size 6 people
- Instructor REI AMGA Certified Climbing Instructor
Learn to utilize natural features to build an equalized and efficient rock climbing anchor. In this hands-on program you'll learn to confidently identify natural anchor points that you can use to build top rope climbing anchors. We'll cover all of the necessary knots for attaching your rope to natural objects, how to practice good cliff safety techniques, and how to identify and build a solid and redundant rock climbing anchor. This class is designed for those with some prior top rope climbing experience who are comfortable belaying others. All anchor building supplies are provided by REI, but please bring your own climbing harness if you have one.
- Learn to identify and utilize natural features to build a solid rock climbing anchor
- Learn the necessary knots to tie your rope to trees, rocks, and other natural features
- Understand the required elements of a solid and secure climbing anchor
- This class does not focus on climbing technique and there is no guarantee of time to climb
What to bring with you
Programs may close to new registrations 48 hours before the program start time. Still have questions about this program? You can reach our local experiences team Monday through Friday 10 AM - 5 PM at firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone at 855-258-9509. We look forward to hearing from you!
More directions and information
"College Rock was the favorite haunt of a few hard men who successfully kept it a secret for years during the 1970s--until the publication of the first edition of Boston Rocks. A favorite of a new generation, it is one of the best crags around" (from Boston Rocks! 2nd ed.)