Natural Rock Climbing Anchors Class
$115 for REI Members
$135 for non-members
- Group size 3 people
- Instructor AMGA Certified REI Climbing Instructor
Learn to utilize natural features to build an equalized and efficient rock climbing anchor. In this hands-on program you'll learn to confidently identify natural anchor points that you can use to build top rope climbing anchors. We'll cover all of the necessary knots for attaching your rope to natural objects, how to practice good cliff safety techniques, and how to identify and build a solid and redundant rock climbing anchor. This class is designed for those with some prior top rope climbing experience who are comfortable belaying others. All anchor building supplies are provided by REI, but please bring your own climbing harness if you have one.
- Learn to identify and utilize natural features to build a solid rock climbing anchor
- Learn the necessary knots to tie your rope to trees, rocks, and other natural features
- Understand the required elements of a solid and secure climbing anchor
- This class does not focus on climbing technique and there is no guarantee of time to climb
What to bring with you
Plan to meet your instructor at the venue, look for the REI sign! We also offer private sessions for individualized learning in a smaller group setting, at a date and time that works best for your schedule. Call us at (603) 356-0475 to inquire about rates and let us help you plan your next adventure!