Natural Rock Climbing Anchors Class
- Member price: $89
- Non-member price: $109
- 6 spots left
- Fitness level 1: Relaxed
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Group size: 8
Learn to utilize natural features to build an equalized and efficient rock climbing anchor. In this hands-on program you'll learn to confidently identify natural anchor points that you can use to build top rope climbing anchors. We'll cover all of the necessary knots for attaching your rope to natural objects, how to practice good cliff safety techniques, and how to identify and build a solid and redundant rock climbing anchor. This class is designed for those with some prior top rope climbing experience who are comfortable belaying others. All anchor building supplies are provided by REI, but please bring your own climbing harness if you have one.
- Learn to identify and utilize natural features to build a solid rock climbing anchor
- Learn the necessary knots to tie your rope to trees, rocks, and other natural features
- Understand the required elements of a solid and secure climbing anchor
- This class does not focus on climbing technique and there is no guarantee of time to climb
Allenbrook - Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
More directions and information
The unmarked entrance can be easy to miss. It looks like a concrete driveway that turns into a gravel road. It is almost directly across from a neighborhood called River Mill Circle. If you see a street sign for Warm Spring Circle, you have gone too far.