Mount Washington Ascent and Apres Picnic
- Fitness level 4: Vigorous
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Group size: 10
Join REI for an unforgettable ascent of Mount Washington, the tallest peak in the northeast. Along the way learn about the unique geology, weather, and ecology of this lofty pinnacle as you trek up a classic route. After conquering the crown jewel of the White Mountains and forging new relationships on its rocky slopes relax and let the experience soak in with an apres picnic at the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center. Well-deserved apres offerings provided by REI.
- Attempt to summit the tallest peak in the Northeast - Mount Washington
- Trek up a classic route while in the company of other like-minded adventurers
- Enjoy an apres hike picnic at the Pinkham Notch Visitors Center
Plan to meet your instructors at the venue, look for the REI sign. This is an objective-based program, and although we try our best to adhere to advertised course end times they are always subject to change due to factors beyond our control. Your instructors may decide to turn back due to weather, safety concerns, timing, or group well-being. This is a full day commitment and you may arrive back at the trailhead earlier or later than advertised.
AMC Pinkham Notch Visitor Center