Beginner's Overnight Backpacking at Arabia Mountain
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Group size: 6
Let us help you with your first backpacking experience. Join our instructors on an overnight trip at Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area. You'll be tucked away at a special campsite, where you won't believe you're only 20 miles from downtown Atlanta. Our instructors explain how to choose and use equipment (including how to load and carry your backpack) to maximize your comfort and fun. You'll also learn about campsite selection, camp cooking, water treatment and Leave No Trace etiquette. Course includes all required gear (backpack, tent, sleeping bag, pad, stove, all cookware, trekking poles, and water filters) and food.
- Learn how to pack a backpack for fit, balance and accessibility
- Learn techniques of how to properly wear and hike with a backpack for ultimate comfort on the trail
- Learn additional camp skills such as choosing a camp site, camp cooking, water treatment, sanitation, and Leave No Trace principles
- Discover local areas where overnight backpacking is available
Arabia Mountain Nature Center
More directions and information
Park in the gravel lot. Bathrooms and water are available on site.