Harpers Ferry & Loudoun Heights Winter Hike
- Fitness level 3: Moderate
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Group size: 6
Experience the sweeping views and fewer crowds that winter hiking provides with our professional guides at REI's Outdoor School. Come discover the lesser known viewpoints of Harpers Ferry from the Loudoun Heights trail as we hike 6.5 miles roundtrip along frozen waterfalls, past the remains of a stone fort, and take in the view of two rivers and three states over delicious hot drinks. It's a unique experience that's not to be missed! At the end of our hike we'll explore the historic town of Harpers Ferry and walk along the first National Scenic Trail; the AT! This is your chance to meet like-minded individuals who don't stop adventuring because it's cold outside. REI will provide transportation along with a catered lunch and hot drinks. This outing leaves from Montrose/355 Lot. Join us for a day or the Winter Hiking Series. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
- Learn to adapt basic hiking skills to the winter environment
- Learn how to dress to stay warm, dry and comfortable so you can expand your hiking experience to 4 seasons
- Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to winter hiking
- Get a great winter-weather workout
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
If you have any questions about this class/tour please email us at DC-OS@rei.com or call us at 240.630.1938 M - F 10 am - 5 pm.
Meet at: Washington DC REI
201 M Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20002