Cumberland Island Adventure Weekend
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Group size: 50
REI invites you to camp with us this winter at the beautiful Cumberland Island National Seashore. Located on the southeast coast of Georgia, Cumberland Island is home to expansive salt marshes, tidal estuaries, an abundance of wildlife, 300 year-old live oaks draped in Spanish moss, and 17 miles of pristine protected beaches. We will book a private ferry to Cumberland Island and reserve your campsite at Sea Camp, located in a maritime forest next to the beach. We will also take care of all your meals so leave your camp cooking equipment at home! Just bring your basic camping gear and weather appropriate clothing to enjoy this amazing weekend. Are you a novice to camping? That's ok! REI staff will help you with your camp setup. This is a rare opportunity to connect with nature at its most pristine! Space is limited--sign up today!
- Explore the 50 miles of trails that meander through maritime forests and salt marshes
- Enjoy all of your mouth watering, gourmet meals cooked by REI staff including local BBQ pork and a low country boil
- Drink craft beer from Terrapin Brewery and delicious wine
- Take a guided tour of the Dungeness Historic Area
- Witness a breathtaking sunrise on a beach located near your campsite
- Spend the night roasting s'mores by the fire or stargazing on the beach
Please note that participants will meet at the Cumberland Island Visitor Center (113 St. Marys St W, St. Marys, GA 31558). Children age 12 and under can register for $199. Please email Atlanta-OS@rei.com to register a child 12 years of age or younger.
31 Schenck Parkway, Asheville, NC 28803