- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 12
- Group size: 1
- Instructor: ACA Certified REI Paddling Instructor
This class will introduce students to the basics of paddling a kayak in a mild setting and at a relaxed pace. Students will learn about kayaks, paddles, gear and clothing in a comfortable on-land setting before launching. The on-water portion of the class will offer an opportunity to build upon skills learned on-land. After launching, we will practice basic skills, safely travelling forward, backward and turning. This class is a great way for those curious about kayaking to get their feet wet!
- Experience on-the-water instruction in kayaks
- Learn about basic kayak gear and clothing selection
- Learn basic kayak stroke techniques including forward, sweep, reverse and draw stroke techniques
Plan to meet your instructor at the venue, look for the boat trailer and REI sign. We also offer private sessions for individualized learning in a smaller group setting, at a date and time that works best for your schedule. Call us at (253) 318-4842 to inquire about rates and let us help you plan your next adventure!
More directions and information
Plan to meet your instructors at the Kiosk, look for the boat trailer and the REI sign!