Lake Pleasant Overnight Kayak Campout
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 14
- Group size: 10
Spend the afternoon kayaking Lake Pleasant, land on your own private island and enjoy the sunset as you relax around a campfire, eating dinner. The next morning wake up to breakfast and coffee before heading back onto the water. REI provides all the expert instruction on how to pack your kayak and prepare for your future overnight paddling adventures, paddling equipment as well as your tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag and meals. Please bring the misc. personal supplies shown on the equipment list.
- Become familiar with kayaks, equipment, and proper clothing for kayaking
- Learn to enter and exit a kayak safely
- Learn packing and overnight preparation
- Learn kayak navigation and route planning
- Provide participants with an awareness of how to become a safe, responsible kayaker
4 Lane Boat Ramp - Lake Pleasant Regional Park
More directions and information
NO FLIP FLOPS ALLOWED. Park entrance fee is $7 per vehicle. From AZ 74/Carefree Hwy: Turn Right onto N Castle Hot Springs Rd, travel 5.6 mi. At the T-Junction, turn Right onto Castle Creek Dr (REI sign here). Pass through the North Entrance and continue to 4 Lane Boat Ramp (look for REI sign directing you to the shoreline). Call 520.477.7344 with any questions day of course.