Outdoor Survival Basics
$69 for REI Members
$79 for non-members
- Group size 4 people
- Instructor REI Experiences Guide
Do you know what to do if something goes awry on your next outdoor excursion? During this class you will learn practical tips and strategies that every outdoor traveler should know. We'll cover the 10 essentials and their practical applications. You'll also learn about emergency priorities, how to make an emergency shelter, how to locate and access drinking water, and how to start a fire. This class is designed for anyone who spends time outside and wants to build their confidence with outdoor skills.
- Learn the 10 essentials and how to use them
- Understand Survival Priorities
- Practice building simple tarp shelters, filtering water, and starting a fire
- Build confidence in your outdoor self-reliance skills
What to bring with you
More directions and information
Please note that McKinney Roughs Nature Park is different from McKinney Falls State Park. McKinney Roughs Nature Park has a $5 entrance fee. Please pay when you arrive at the Visitors' Center.